The world through my distorted lens... a distorted world through my lens.

SOME DAYS ARE LIKE THAT

After having a long and stressful day at work, I came back home, exhausted and hungry. Why must Mondays always be this mean?

Without pulling off my clothes, I swiftly dashed into the kitchen, from where my help cometh from.
I rolled up my sleeves, and washed my hands. Then I started inspecting the pots. The first pot was empty and clean, the second was empty and shining. Those were the only pots on the gas cooker. I had lost hope of finding any cooked solid food in the kitchen, but there was a voice, a tiny voice inside, telling me to check the pot on the floor beside the gas cooker. I was conservative of energy so instead of bending down to open the pot, I skeptically kicked it with one leg.  The thing made an empty barrel noise, turned and rolled freely in a semi circular path, dropping its cover along to reveal its empty content to my weary eyes. Damn!

Feeling disappointed, but optimistic,  I went over to the fridge.
At all at all I must see bread.
But surprisingly, there was no bread. Not even fruits or any food drink. Quite queer.
The items I saw in the fridge were: one bottle of salad cream, one opened tin tomato, fresh vegetable leaves and plenty sachet water. All well arranged in strategic positions that made the fridge look full, but to me the fridge was stark empty.

The tiny voice spoke up again. This time, it suggested I checked the freezer. I diligently opened the freezer and my eyes was fixated on a white bowl with a lid inscription: "Golden North  vanilla cream ...  1 litre... Keep refrigerated". Aha!


Alas! Something to quench the hunger and cool off the exhaustion. I didn't know how the ice cream got there or who kept it there, but this definitely wasn't the time to ask questions or seek answers.

I picked an iron spoon from the cutlery set, with which I'd use to murder the content of the ice cream, then I proceeded to the parlour.
I sat down and tried opening the ice cream lid. It was difficult to open initially, but after a hunger induced aggressive effort, the lid came off  and I saw iced-egusi soup inside the ice cream bowl. WTF!

My eyes practically popped out. Huh!

All these series of unlucky events must be orchestrated by someone, I thought. So I started looking out for hidden cameras. Maybe MTV base were trying to prank me.

I didn't find any hidden cameras, so I guess some days are like that.

Thanks for reading.
Happy new week.
Happy new month.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts