The world through my distorted lens... a distorted world through my lens.

Rain, spare my clothes

Mr. Rain or Ms. Rain, you need to stop for a while.

I understand perfectly that this is your season, but please stop the cry.

It is your turn to shine I know that prayer line, but please give the sun some space and time.

It is no big deal just a small tweak in weather and clime.

My washed clothes are many and wet and still on the line.

Making my wardrobe look scanty and dry.

Why don't you join the budget, the Girls and the Moon and go missing for sometime?

Rain: Because Nigerians would just the same, party and dine.

Then fall once a day or two, instead of continuous downpours every time.

I prefer you heavy and short to lengthy and light.

I also prefer you announce your coming with thunder and light.

But not too much of the former for fright.

I don't mean to give you instructions, I just want my clothes to be sultry and dry.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts