The world through my distorted lens... a distorted world through my lens.

NEW SEASON RESOLUTION


Football is a beautiful game. We all know that right. Yet, most times, we permit sentiments to cloud our eyes. Which gives us only but a blurry vision of this beautiful game. Sentiment is emotional. It not only clouds one's eyes but one's judgement as well. I have observed, no matter how good a team plays, one doesn't appreciate such team's effort, simply because of sentiments.  Same reason, a Barcelona fan doesn't see the genius in Ronaldo. Same reason a die hard Madridsta will never agree Messi is a prime candidate for greatest-player-ever. 

This new season, I pledge to watch football without sentiments. Instead of wishing a team hard luck over the span of an hour and half match duration, I will rather wish the better team wins.  It doesn't make me any less a Chelsea fan. I simply need to appreciate the excellent round of football. 

I'll try as much not to beef rival teams. The likes of Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester clubs and Arsenal - a derby and rival team. Admittedly, the beef comes naturally. Expecially in league matches, where a rival's loss is another's gain. Also, naturally comes the soothing relief, when a rival team's loss complements my team's prior loss. 

However, according to my new philosophy, sentiments should be eliminated during the ninety minutes match interval. I'll stick to this philosophy regardless of my team's performance. This will be difficult, but I'll attempt. It is my new season resolution.


There are many great managers in this new EPL season, geniuses, you may say. They have come with their player-mercenaries. All gunning for one title. The English Premier League.  The competition promises to be very stiff. Very stiff!
Having said that, I don't expect Conte, Chelsea FC manager, to win the league. But if he does, I celebrate; if he doesn't, I'd say next season. I just hope Roman  doesn't axe him if the latter is the case.

Lest I forget, please and please. No one should remind me of last season's nightmare. This new season is as fresh as the morning wine. It needs no contamination in any capacity.

The weekends will henceforth change course. There will be lots of talking points. Lots of mind blowing moments. Lots of fun. The wait is over. EPL is here!



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts